António Joaquim A. Esteves
- Civil protection (CP) applications: integration of wireless sensor networks with
Grid CP applications, implementation of web services to access sensors,
application of the Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) standards to access sensors and
other geospatial sources of information.
- Wireless sensor networks (WSN): Mica and Imote2 based sensor networks.
- Hardware/software codesign: modelling, high-level synthesis, hardware/software
partitioning, metrics estimation, model verification, parallelism extraction
- Embedded and real-time systems: custom applications, communication/wireless communication,
- Reconfigurable logic devices and architectures: FPGAs, SoC, microcontrollers
- System specification languages: VHDL, systemC, Java, UML
CROSS-Fire: Cooperação de Recursos Online para Suporte a Simulações de Fogos florestais.
FCT project, Since January 2009.
Cyber Infrastructure for Civil protection Operative Procedures.
European project, June 2006 to November 2008.
- PPC-VM: Portable Parallel Computing
based on Virtual Machines
SAPIENS-FCT project, June 2004 to June 2007.
- Acquisition system to study football players performance
A system based on a microcontroller, reconfigurable logic and USB interface,
SIUPI (Prime) and Instituto Nacional da Propriedade Industrial (INPI) project,
June 2003 to July 2004.
Methodologies and Tools for Developing Real-Time Embedded Systems,
POCTI/SAPIENS project, February 2002 to February 2004.
- Reconfigurable Embedded Systems
Methodologies for developing real-time applications,
PRAXIS XXI project, June 1999 to June 2001.
(Emulador Digital Altamente Reconfigurável, versão 2)
An FPGA/CPLD based board, used on rapid system prototyping and hardware/software
codesign, with a PCI interface with host.
- EDgAR (Emulador Digital Altamente Reconfigurável)
An FPGA/CPLD based prototyping board.
- PhD. Thesis
A Partition Methodology for Digital Embedded Systems Codesign.
- MSc. Thesis
Brain Potentials Related with Sentense Verification.
Acquisition, analysis and classification of brain activity during
sentense reading task.
Copyright © 2009, António J A Esteves, All Rights Reserved
Last modified: 29 May 2009